Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Standing Alone" Cherry Still Life Daily Painting

Original oil 5"x3.5"  ©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD
Picking these beauties from our trees is not an unpleasant chore. I love summer and eating fresh cherries is a highlight of the season for me.

Cherries seem all pretty much alike when I think of them in a big bowl. Upon examination, however, it's obvious they are not identical. This was one I saved to paint because it still had the stem attached. It seems like such an individual to me now, with quite a personality. Or maybe I've just been staying up too late.

No comments: