Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, December 13, 2010

My Art Published in DailyPainters Still Life Calendar

This still life with the vintage dolly is one of the featured art images reproduced in DailyPainters 2011 Still Life Calendar.

I'm delighted that two of my paintings appear (with my permission) in the calendar with ten other DailyPainters. In fact, it's an honor to be in such good company every day at the online gallery, where I show my small works with over 100 other members.

(left) "Waiting for Chloë" 8x10" Oil on hardboard
Unframed ©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

You can read more about this painting at the original post. You can also order a fine art print of this piece reproduced on canvas or art paper at FineArt America.

5 comments:

EEH said...

Very beautiful painting. Rather emanates a sort of stillness.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I guess it does, Edward. The dolly is apparently resting, having given up on finding that other sock.

Linda Popple said...

Sweet painting! Congratulations on being included in the Daily Painters calendar!

Unknown said...

Wow, Diana, pretty sweet that not only one, but TWO of your paintings go in the calendar. I like the title of this and am wondering if you painted while Bess was pregnant and we were all waiting for the Chloe girl's debut, or after Chloe was born and this dolly is waiting still.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Linda.

Deb, the painting came together pretty much at the last minute, and you know Bess would NOT tell us names before the birth!

Yes, poor Dolly is waiting still. She lives with my Christmas decorations and doesn't get out much.