Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Challenge: Favorite Slogan or Saying

Suzanne Berry chose for us this month to paint our favorite saying, slogan or cliché. A few ideas came to mind but I settled on this one for the visual pun effect. A couple of the goals of our monthly Challenge is to have fun and do something we might not normally paint. I think we all did that this month!

(left)"No Time Like the Present"
Oil on board
6"x6"
unframed

©2010
Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD

(above) "Good, Bad and Indifferent" 10"x30" Oil on canvas ©2010
Suzanne Berry

 

(above left) "Why Not Queen Me?" 6"x6" Oil on masonite ©2010 Sharman Owings
(middle) "You Can Lead A Horse to Water..."
10"x8" Oil on panel ©2010 Robin Cheers

(right) "Double Mint Twins at the Paris Metro" 16x12 Oil on panel ©2010
Vicki Ross

10 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Great challenge! What a creative group. I love to see how each one of you manage to come up with something creative. What talent!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Being part of this Challenge month after month has been a great creative stimulus for all of us, I think. Every month I wonder if I can manage it!

VickiRossArt said...

Yeah, Diana, I understand the REAL challenge...and we haven't missed a one yet. We Win!

suzanneberry said...

Amazing work Diana, as always. Great idea as well! I love this. Happy Holidays!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Vicki: Yes, let's celebrate staying with it!

Suzanne: I'm so glad you thought up this month's Challenge.

And now that our brains are thinking of more of these ideas, maybe we should do a few more... just for (more) fun.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

A beautiful little painting. I will dream of finding it under the tree tomorrow.

Merry Christmas Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wishing you a blessed Christmas also, Bill.

hmuxo said...

Love this painting Diana. You do such beautiful work.

Ruth Andre said...

I thought the Slogan Challenge was quite good. All the artists came up with great paintings.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Ruth. I truly appreciate you dropping by this blog to see what's new. I'll be watching your beautiful work too!