Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Three Minute Charcoal Figure Studies

These quick gesture drawings are mere wisps of what could be with a little more time with the live model at Open Studio. If I'd had even half an hour to work on each of these, they'd be much more developed and finished.

However, the pose and the line of the body are what's important in these warm-ups. Not only are the quick poses excellent practice to keep my drawing skills intact, they are giving me ideas that could be paintings or sculptures one of these days. I'm thankful for the chance to work from the model and get back to the simplicity of studying gesture, form and value.

And these simple pieces have a charm all their own that's quite different from the longer studies.
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

No comments: