Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December Painting Challenge: Hot and Cold

Our subject for our Challenge this month was chosen by group member Marie Fox. She suggested, "Warm and Cool, or Hot and Cold: opposites must both be included. Subject could be interpreted literally as in a bowl of cold cereal, and cup of hot tea, or an interior showing a cozy fireplace and snow outside. Or in less literal ways such as warm and cool moods, or warm and cool colors."

(left)

"Waiting for Global Warming"
Oil on hardboard
, 4"x6"
©2009
Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD

It was fun thinking up what to paint for this month's Challenge idea. My son the legomeister helped me find the right little parts for the penguins.

He had actually built them for me before when I was turning over some previous Challenge ideas.
I'm glad they could be a part of this one, especially with the current discussion on global weather. It's cold here in north Idaho, so the idea just kind of painted itself. It's nice when that happens.

I really like the other ideas from group members, too. As difficult as it is to get these painted every month, our Challenge is a lot of fun for all of us. We're always glad we tackled the task!

(left) "Colors Warm and Cool"
Oil on canvas, 8"x10"

©2009 Marie Fox

(right) "Fire and Ice"
Oil on hardboard

9.5"x7.5"
©2009
Suzanne Berry


(left)
"Winter Rooftops"
Oil on hardboard, 6"x6"
©2009 Michael Naples

(right)
"Iced and a Biscuit"
Oil on Panel, 8"x10"
©2009 Vicki Ross

4 comments:

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Fabulous! Would love to be in your Monthly Challenge! Sounds like great fun! Best, Jeanne

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It IS fun, and challenging too. I'm so glad to hear from you.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very "cool" painting and title.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Bill. Your comment made me feel all warm and fuzzy.