Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, December 11, 2009

"Christmas Star" Shiny Ornament Daily Painting

Original oil painting, 4"x6"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD


Working on these little dailies gives me some mental relaxation, always important, and especially during times of stress. There is always a lot of it at the end of the year. It's sometimes difficult to keep focused on tasks at hand and the Reason for the season.

And if you like this little treasure and want to see more still life paintings, check out my DailyPainters Gallery page.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is just beautiful. I'd do one if I had the COURAGE. You nailed it, Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh you should just try it sometime, Kelley! Challenges are always fun. If it doesn't work as well as you'd like, just consider it part of the growth process. I do that with a lot of stuff!