Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Christmas Heart" Still Life Daily Painting

Original Oil Painting 3"x3"
Unframed Miniature
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

 
SOLD

Thank you for your patience if you've been missing my daily paintings lately. My computer had a major problem right before Thanksgiving and had to be in the shop for a week. I felt crippled without it; there is so much I do on this machine for my art: inventory, invoices, image documentation, the posts for DailyPainters and this blog, etc. Then there was Thanksgiving, and after that a wedding to assist and packages to mail for Christmas. Getting back to the dailies has been more difficult than usual.

Determined to get back in the groove however, I painted this little Christmas themed miniature today. Lots had to be reinstalled on the computer, including the software for my scanner, which simply wouldn't work for me when I was ready to scan this little 'un to post today!

Anyway, this was a fun and colorful piece to paint and put my mind at ease while working with the rich reds and golds. Glass is fascinating to me and I liked the effect of the light shining through this delicate piece, revealing some thin spots on the edge of that blue section. It made it look like the inside was glowing... which seemed appropriate for a heart at Christmas time.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

A beautiful painting and under such stress! Is is not amazing how dependent we've become on computers? It's such a mess having to reinstall and set everything up. You've taken it all in stride and managed to paint a daily! A true inspiration.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Sorry about the computer troubles. That kind of stuff paralyzes me.
Nice little ornament here.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You're very kind, Suzanne; I'm not sure I've been taking it all in stride!

I've felt pretty frustrated, especially at first. I was turning in circles trying to get work done. Practically everything had SOMETHING for which I needed the computer to start or finish the task. "Blocked goals" are not my favorite trial and character builder (but I guess no trial is my favorite!).

It's not only amazing to me how dependent we are on computers, but a bit scary.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mary, I appreciate you dropping by. Thanks for the kudos and sympathy!