Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"The Garter" Wedding Portrait

Original oil 12"x9"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin
 

SOLD

That sliver of light hitting the bride's face speaks of promise, a warm future and delight. I really enjoyed working on this portrait, even though painting those layers of veil were a bit tedious. I love the way they wash over the bride's figure like a cascading waterfall.

"The Garter" is the newest piece at my LifeImages reproduction gallery, available to order on canvas or art paper.

6 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is a fabulous portrait. The veil reads like a shot.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary. It took me a long time to feel like this painting was finished. I set it aside a number of times to make sure I didn't want to tweak that delicate veil any more.

Anonymous said...

This is beyond beautiful. I love this picture of a bride getting ready for her wedding, the beauty of the veil and her dress, everything about this picture, I love. gentle beauty.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Anonymous!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very lovely arrangement of warm and cool.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by Bill. It's nice to hear from you.