Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Painting Demo Recently and Our Challenge Soon!

This past weekend Pend O'reille Arts Council hosted Art Squared in the Garden. Fifty artists created paintings on 10"x10" canvases for the event. My painting was one of those.

I was also asked to be on hand at the event to paint a demo piece, which you can see in the lower right hand corner of the photo at left.

It is often a challenge to make a painting on the spot. It was especially difficult to paint this one because it was an outdoor setting in fading evening light. Next time I do something like this, I'm going to request a spotlight.

I hope you'll tune in tomorrow when the spotlight will be on our September Challenge! Last Tuesday I announced that we have a new member added to the group. Each month we paint a new subject (which you'll find out about tomorrow!).

No comments: