Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Here's the writing award I recently received

A piece I wrote for Art Calendar's September 2008 issue was awarded the Bronze for Best Service Feature "Get It There: Packing & Shipping 2-D Art". I'm very happy about this!The actual award is at Art Calendar's office in Florida but my editor sent me a photo.

Turnstile Publishing Company, which publishes Art Calendar Magazine, received five awards at the 2009 Florida Magazine Association Awards
a few weeks ago.

My Bronze was one of the honors. Additionally, Art Calendar won the Silver Award for Best Written Magazine - Trade/Technical!!

6 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

Nice! Congrats:)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Jane. It's always nice to get a little recognition for one's efforts.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Diana! You deserve recognition for sharing your wisdom and business savvy. You are amazingly diverse in your talents.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha... you should see my laundry talents!

Thank you, Silvina. Awards are fun.

Do you suppose there are any stain removal competitions?

VickiRossArt said...

Hey, any chance of a reprint of that article? Would love to read it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Vicki, do you get Art Calendar? That was in the September 2008 issue.

I don't know about a reprint at this point, but can let you know later.

If you don't subscribe and want to see the piece right away, you can always go to the magazine site and purchase a digital copy of the issue for about 3 bucks.