Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Sunflower" Still Life Daily Painting

Original oil painting
7"x5"
of bright yellow sunflower

unframed
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

While talking to people at the Art Faire this weekend, I demonstrated sketching and drew portraits in charcoal and painted with oils, working on this live study.

One of the vendors was selling a variety of beautiful flowers and this large sample was one of my favorites.

Those yellow and orange colors were fun to paint. I like using those bright, intense and opaque cadmium pigments.

I also used the time during the Faire to stretch one of my giclée reproductions on canvas. I then added texture to the giclée and framed it.

Another fun thing I did was a giveaway for a little mini. Congratulations to Robert of Paradise Valley whose name was drawn out of the hat as the winner!

2 comments:

Deb Schmit said...

Dear Diana,
I finally got a chance to pop in and have a look around.
Wow, you are one busy woman!
Keep up the good work.
Deb

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Deb. Congrats on all you're doing too!