Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our September Painting Challenge: Pantry Shelves

This month's Challenge subject was chosen by group member Robin Cheers. "Pantry Shelves" proved to be a good inspiration for us all for this month.

I certainly had fun brainstorming about this idea. Those little pirates wanted to help again. My son and I had some good laughs with ideas about what Legos might be doing in the pantry!

"Yo-ho-ho, and a Bottle of Rum"
Oil on board

6"x8"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

NOW SOLD


Here are the rest of the inspired paintings from our September Challenge.

They're all so unique; similar in concept but very different in details shown.

(right, above) "The Artist's Pantry"
Oil on canvas 5"x7"
©2009 Suzanne Berry
 
(above, middle) "Steel Cut Oats"
Oil on canvas 12"x12"

©2009 Silvina Day

(left, above) "Corner"

Oil on board 7"x12"

©2009 Michael Naples



(left)
"Coming Out of the Cabinet'

Oil on board
9"x12"

©2009 Vicki Ross


Each month we all keep our work a secret until it's time to send them to each other on the day before we post on our blogs.

I look forward all month to seeing what each artist paints. When each member's work rolls in to my Inbox on our unveiling day, I am always amazed and inspired!



(left) "Staples"
Oil on board
8"x16"

©2009 Robin Cheers
 

(last painting)
"The Red Napkin"

Oil on canvas
16"x20"

©2009 Marie Fox

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, those pirates are going to need aspirin in the morning. You painted that glass bottle masterfully!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh yeah, I should've left the bottle of aspirin on that pantry shelf for them!

That bottle was something different and fun to paint.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Wow that is a pretty complex piece for such a small area. Beautifully painted and so much interest packed in there!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Bill!

Yes... it's a bit crazy. When painting these pieces with the little guys, I'm often torn between the smaller format which allows me to get it done sooner (than if I'm painting a larger piece)... or going bigger with the canvas so those Lego helpers can be seen better.

Thankfully I have some reading glasses which help with the smallness of work like this. I often wonder why I didn't paint these tiny detailed subjects when my eyes were younger!

suzanneberry said...

thanks so much Diana! it's very exciting trying to come up with concepts. thanks again for inviting me. i loved each painting! yours was amazing. chat soon. best, suzanne

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Suzanne! I'm so glad you accepted my invitation to join us. Each member brings a unique vision to the subject chosen. That makes it a whole lot more fun than simply challenging myself with new ideas. I love everyone's interpretation!