Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Key on Blue" ACEO Tiny Daily Painting

Original oil on canvas, 2.5"x3.5"
sent in protective ACEO sleeve
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

While I'm busy with commissions this week, I hope to paint at least a small warm-up to show you here on my blog most days.

I enjoyed painting the elegant color contrasts in this little 'un. It was surprising how difficult this small brass key was to paint. I looked at it and thought, "Oh... this will be an easy exercise to loosen up my painting muscles." It turned out to be much harder than I'd anticipated. Not complicated, of course, as you can see... but not exactly a snap to get the shapes and colors just right either. Straight lines are often annoyingly hard to paint!

No comments: