Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, March 5, 2012

New Landscape Giclée Reproductions of my Art


I've added several new images to my reproductions gallery.

These three landscapes (and others) are available as giclée reproductions on canvas or art paper, in several sizes, unframed or framed.

There is quite a nice selection of framing options and prices are reasonable. Orders are packed carefully for shipping, too.

The giclée process uses pigmented inks and produces colors very much like my original paintings.

Of course, no reproduction can be quite as beautiful as the original art with the subtle light plays on the brushstrokes, or capture the varying depth, sheen and transparency of the oil paint.

But since the original oil paintings have each been sold to individual collectors, I'm glad a larger audience can enjoy these works as reproductions. It is also an advantage that the giclées can be offered for a fraction of the cost of an original painting.

This makes them affordable for almost anyone who loves art.

They are also ideal for high-traffic areas in settings where irreplaceable original art could be damaged or stolen. I've sold giclées for homes and offices. I think my favorite setting for my art in this application, though, has been a large hospital who placed a group of my landscape reproductions in various locations for patients, staff, and visitors to enjoy.

No comments: