Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Summer Sundown" Plein Air Daily Painting

Original Oil on hardboard, 4"x6"
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin


It was a lovely glowing sunset this evening... I had to give it a try.

A friend and her 3 small children were watching me do this little study. As I was squinting against the bright light in the western sky, I kept seeing blue dots in my vision. It was challenging to see what I was painting! My onlookers cheered me on with comments like, "you better hurry... it's changing!"


4 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

A very excellent successful try!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Bill. It's good to know you are still around. I need to go see your blog to see what mischief you have doing lately.

Helen Read said...

This is beautiful, Diana! You are always inspiring!! Thanks for dropping by my blog too, and leaving your kind comment!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Helen! It's nice to hear from you too. Don't you just love the immediacy of blog feedback!?