Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Evening's Shadows" Original Oil Painting

Original oil on panel, 6"x8"
©2005 Diana Moses Botkin


I recently reworked this little piece, bumping up the contrast, intensifying the colors and making those hills in the distance recede more.

It works much better and those shadows in the foreground (the whole reason I wanted to paint this scene in the first place) show off better.

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

I think it's perfect! I can smell the grass, hear the crickets and feel the damp air on my face. I love the bits of sun dancing on the grass. Lovely painting Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's so nice of you to tell me your feelings about this piece, Suzanne. The sun dancing on the clover in the foreground shadows was what captured my attention to paint this in the first place. How fun to know you "got it" across the miles.