Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Travels and Projects

I love summer, don't you? We're finally getting some warmer weather here in north Idaho and my garden is taking off, at last.

Longer days with sunshine give me ample opportunity to accomplish some house and yard projects I've been wanting to do.


I could spend all the daylight hours working on house repairs and remodels, landscaping and weeding. But of course, I have to find time, too, for plein air painting in this nice weather. So many great choices for artistic expression; so little time. It's a challenge to choose!

One of my recent projects was doing the flowers for a friend's outdoor wedding in Oregon. It was a lot of work, and also a lot of fun. This time of year there are abundant flowers blooming, and I had buckets and buckets of lilies, roses and other fragrant blossoms to work with for the many bouquets, table arrangements and the beautiful archway for the bride and groom.

Speaking of challenges, keep an eye on this blog for my Challenge Group's July paintings in two days. It's another "color" theme but I can't tell you any more right now. You'll have to wait and find out!

No comments: