Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Figure Drawings in Charcoal and Chalk: Longer Poses

During the past month I've been busy with family and day to day chores that happen when lots of people are at my house who want to eat regularly and sleep in clean beds. I love having my family home, but it does change how much time I have for creating art and documenting it.

I'm just now getting around to photographing and inventorying some stacks of life drawings that were made in November and December at our model sessions.

These are my favorites from the group: charcoal and chalk sketches on 12x18" paper, drawn from longer poses. That first one may have been 15 minutes. I think the other two were 20 minutes.

Let me know if you'd like any of these or want more information. They're $75 each, plus S&H. Drawings are still a great bargain for original art. I usually ship works on paper unframed and rolled in a tube, as they are pretty safe that way. It's then fairly easy for you to take them to your local framer to get them matted and framed under glass to match your decor.

©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Diana, I love looking at your drawings. As a painter for many years, I have been getting back to the basics, working from life when I can. Can't believe how much I am enjoying it.

Thanks for posting your work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by Jennifer. I'd love to see your work if you do a blog.

I've been concentrating more on drawing from life lately too. It's such good exercise for developing skills that are useful in painting and sculpture.