Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, May 23, 2014

More Life Drawings

In the Open Studio sessions I attended this winter, there were different body types and ages in the models.

Some were more challenging for me to find ... what do I call it?... inspiration, beauty, grace... that certain something that makes a pose or figure interesting and aesthetically pleasurable. These ideas are, to many modern minds, rather old-fashioned. So be it. Beauty is what motivates me to make art. Without it, painting or drawing is merely an exercise.

That is not to say, I always get it. I might try on any given occasion and fail completely.

Last week I painted over a number of ugly paintings. There are probably many many more of my works that should go in the burn pile. With a little time and distance emotionally from any of my paintings or drawings, I expect more and more will wind up there. Maybe these. For now, I'll show them to you.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

These drawings are all beautiful, Diana! I can't imagine any of your work going into your burn pile...if they do, I hope You tell us where it is! I zoomed on smiling phase? Excellent work!
And your previous drawings from your pizza drawing evening are amazing! Wonderful work!

pattrsnd said...

As always...wonderful creations, Diana!!