Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Portrait and Figure Sketches from Open Studio



I'm getting the sketches and paintings photographed now that have been piling up since the first of the year.

They're a bit out of order, as I shot some of the oil paintings before the charcoal or pastel studies.

Hang tight and I'll eventually show you all of what I did. I do plan to work a little more on a few of them, so those will come later.

These four shown here are from the Open Studio sessions in Scottsdale.

As is sometimes the case, I sketched the models in charcoal, then in another medium. (See the oil study after I did "Dainty", the third piece here, a few posts back.)

After I drew this charcoal study of Peter (at right), I painted the oil shown here.

No comments: