Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two New Cloud Paintings

If you follow this blog you probably know how much I love dramatic skies as a subject.

They offer constant challenges as well as plenty of interest, and promises of that certain something that gives a painting the "ooh-ah" factor.


(top painting) “Big Storm”
 
Unframed oil 5”x7”
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin



(lower painting)
“Montana Storm”
Unframed oil 5”x7”

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

7 comments:

mary maxam said...

I love dramatic skies too Diana, and yours are always so great!Hope you have blue skies today!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary. We DO have blue skies today! It is looking like spring.

Dave Rossi said...

Diana, you never cease to artfully represent God's creation in a splendid fashion. Thank You!

pattrsnd said...

Oh my yes, wonderful clouds indeed, Diana! It's always a pleasure to stop by and view your wonderful work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Click here, and David, for dropping by and leaving your encouraging words. Those mean a lot to me.

The immediacy of blogging is such a boost, especially to artists who typically work alone. We can show our art and get feedback even before it is framed and sent to a gallery or show. I love that!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Diana, I love "Big Storm" The feeling of the clouds above the trees, perfect.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Gerald, THANK YOU! That means a lot coming from you. Happy painting.