Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, April 2, 2012

"Dancing in the Spotlight" 3 Pose Figurative Art

Original oil
12"x24"

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin
 

SOLD

This is one of the larger pieces I've been working on. The idea grew out of past motion studies and my work last year for The Festival piece with the dancers.

My model for this painting is a vibrant young woman, full of energy, joy, love for life and for the Lord. I wanted to show these attributes in the three poses turning and dancing.

This young woman remains anonymous (as are most of my models) to represent an ideal rather than one specific person.
She could be the three graces: Love, Joy, and Beauty.

This type of painting could also be a happy portrait, especially if the focus was more on the woman's face.


5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Cathyann. This idea has been jiggeting about in my head for some time and I'm so glad to finally have it painted so I can share it with others.

hmuxo said...

I feel the energy ..I feel that motion..! A beautiful painting, Diana!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for dropping by with your encouraging words, Hilda, and Diane.

I love blogging. Where else can one get immediate feedback for something worked on for months unseen?

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Very different and beautifully done.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Mary. This painting was alternately interesting, challenging and frustrating to make it go where I envisioned.