Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Pie Cherry" Miniature Daily Painting

Original oil painting, approx. 2"x3"
unframed, with free mini easel
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin
I wait all year to enjoy fresh fruit right off the trees. It's a lot of trouble to pick and pit enough cherries to make a pie and I haven't gotten around to it yet this year.

I'm still trying to get caught up with so many chores that were put aside while I worked on my recent big project. But I've still managed to eat a bunch of these luscious fruits and yes, even find time to do some tiny little oil studies, which are almost as much fun as eating the cherries.

No comments: