Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Unveiling of My Art for The Festival in Sandpoint

Well, I can finally show my painting to you!

All that work I was doing for weeks and weeks here in my little studio on this big project and I had to keep it under wraps.


I did seven studies before painting this large piece. I'll be sharing the studies in the coming days here on my blog so you can see the process of how the idea evolved.

The unveiling was this past Thursday, on the 14th. It was a festive event in a nearby resort area, Dover Bay. Everyone oohed and ahhed when we took the covering away to show the painting for the first time. I was supposed to say something about my art there in front of everyone at the event. I know I said a few words about the painting, but all I remember now was, "I'm glad you like it".

Then I signed a bunch of posters for people.

It was fun to talk with the line of folks who bought posters, even with the loud band playing (they were quite good, by the way).

Folks were so excited about the art. I felt like
Queen for a Day. Or at least, Queen for a Couple of Hours.

"Festival Sunset Dance"
Original oil on hardboard, 20"x16"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

The framed painting is being auctioned off with silent bids to benefit The Festival of Sandpoint. Last I heard, the bid was at $2,500.

If you would like to get in on the bidding, you can call the Festival office at (888) 265-4554 or show up at The Festival August 4-14 to place a bid while you enjoy the fabulous concerts. Here's the line-up of music artists scheduled to appear.


You can also order a signed poster at the phone number above. Or you can purchase one at The Festival for an amazing ten bucks, and I'll be on hand to personalize it for you.

3 comments:

dominique eichi said...

your work is always so lovely ! thanks for your stop and comment on my blog

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Dominique. I also appreciate you dropping by here and at my facebook page. It's nice to hear from you.

VickiRossArt said...

This is a beauty. I love the fact they are women.