Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Festival Poster Art

The art for the Festival is now at the printer's. The layout for the poster has been hashed out and I met with the printing rep from Couer d'Alene today to check the color proof against my painting. A few adjustments will be made and then the press proof will need to be okayed in a few days. It's important to get it right.

And all this is very hush, hush! Only a very few people have seen my painting. It will be beautifully framed by Ward Tollbom at Hen's Tooth Studio in Sandpoint. Ward (who designed The Festival poster art in 1988) helped me pick a beautiful frame to show off the art.

The public unveiling is scheduled for next week, July 14, at Dover Bay from 5 - 7 pm. And I'll be on hand for the excitement and to sign posters. The public is invited!

1 comment:

Dave Rossi said...

What a wonderful write up by Sandpoint! I'm confident that your work will be well received.