Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moses Botkin Challenge for June: Self-Portrait

Vicki named the Challenge this month. I think every one of us groaned when we got the word last month that we'd be painting our own visage this time.

After I got back from the OPA conference this week, there were numerous things vying for my attention, including my big project for the poster art.
But, rather than blowing off the Challenge, I grabbed my palette with leftover paint and scrubbed in this little quick study. Besides the mere challenge of working after being so spent from my other endeavors lately, this was painted in a dark room, lit only by a desk light.

I figure it's good practice for down the road when my eyesight grows dimmer.

"Mirror"
Original oil on canvas board
7"x5"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

Even though we all complained about this Challenge, it was good. I really like the paintings, too.




"Me...2011" Oil on panel
11"x14" ©2011 Vicki Ross
"Morning Light"
Oil on canvas 10"x8" ©2011 Ruth Andre

“Lady In Red aka Me at 60”
Oil on hardboard 8"x8” ©2011 Sharman Owings
"Robin" 10"x10" Oil on linen board ©2011 Robin Cheers


"Untitled" 10"x10" oil on linen ©2011 Suzanne Berry

2 comments:

Art Collector's Corner said...

Nice works!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This one seemed like a struggle for most of us this month. I don't know if it was just the timing or something more complex. Mine is really burned out.