Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Poster Artist This Year for The Festival in Sandpoint

You've probably noticed I haven't been posting much in the way of paintings in past couple of months. I hope you've noticed and have missed me!

The art for the Festival is coming along. I had this idea in my head and did several studies to see how I could work out a plan. Except for attending the OPA show and activities last week, I've pretty much been at my easel working on the poster art for weeks and weeks. It is a huge responsibility and I want it to be wonderful. It's an honor to be chosen, but I've given up a lot to do this. The "dailies" have slowed to a trickle, and you should see the weeds in my garden!

Thank you for your continued encouragement and support of my work. You can see my daily paintings by category at
this link.

2 comments:

mary maxam said...

Can't wait to see the poster! Love the self portraits from last week too.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary! Let me know if you can make it to the Festival in August. The art unveils in July, so I hope you'll watch for it.