Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Complement Painting

A couple of weeks ago my Challenge Group unveiled our May paintings. You may recall that the challenge was to paint only with the complements of yellow and purple. I learned a lot and had fun too.

It was such an interesting exercise that I really wanted to try it again using other complements with the simple figure study I did for "Dancer at the Bar". I am again amazed how much can be done with only two pigments (in this case, cadmium scarlet and ultramarine blue) plus white.

"Orange and Blue Study"
Oil on hardboard 7"x5"
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

6 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful work Diana...I love all the shades of blues in this!

hmuxo said...

You are so talented! I love this painting.

Don Gray said...

One would never imagine only two colors were used if you hadn't said anything. Beautiful, Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Don, Hilda and David for visiting and leaving remarks. You all made my day.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

A very elegant painting, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Bill.