Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Large Giclée Reproductions on Canvas

One of the projects I've been working on lately is art for a health setting in Washington. (I'll tell you where, later.) The first phase of this project is for placing work in high traffic areas. They prefer giclées rather than originals.

(Left) "
Fall Display"
Oil
©2005 Diana Moses Botkin

This colorful piece of mine is one of the five giclées on canvas I'm hand-enhancing and will send to the framer for this job.


In the photo of me working, I am applying the clear acrylic gel (no, it's not toothpaste!) to the reproduction. I use brush and palette knife to add texture. The image size I'm working on here in the photo is 20"x28". If you want one like it, it's a very reasonably priced option for large wall art (only a fraction of the cost of an original that size).

If you'd like a beautiful 20"x28" hand-enhanced
giclée reproduction of this image, please use the Paypal button below. Your order will arrive in 2-3 weeks. Or contact me to order other sizes, or to ask about commissioning a similar original oil painting.

4 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Very nice, diana! Will look forward to seeing more.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Vicki! You can actually see more right now at my website. www.DianaMosesBotkin.com ... look on the repro page.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Like your haircut and the painting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

My haircut?! You made me laugh.

Never mind my haircut, do you like how my ears look huge in this photo, especially compared to the size of hands? This is a prime example of why not to trust camera lenses for accurate proportions.

Glad you like the painting, though.