Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Trompe l'oeil Reproductions Available

This whimsical piece is now available in the humor section at my online reproductions gallery. Trompe l'oeil art (French for "deceive the eye") aims to give the impression of being actual 3-dimensional objects, rather than painted 2-dimensional ones.

While this is generally what many painting styles try to do, trompe-l'oeil presents the piece in a format that invites the viewer to believe the objects are real, rather than painted.

There is room on my "bulletin board" to tape a photograph or other real item, (which is sometimes done in this genre to assist the illusion). Any number of items would be fun additions to my little lego boxing man who has been working out, the needle and thread with the button, the keys, and my lists. What would you put on there?

And don't forget the fun deal for print orders through July: purchase any size reproduction, framed or not and receive a $100 gift certificate from NakedWines.com!

No comments: