Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I'm Pleased to Finally Show You This

Over a year ago, I was contacted by Staedtler after they saw one of my figure drawings.

The international art materials company based in Germany was redesigning several lines of supplies and wanted me to develop art for each line, similar to my drawing they liked. They planned to use the pieces for their new packaging and related advertising.

So, finally the first product line is ready for market, the Tradition® pencil sets. I created this special drawing you see at right, using their products. 

Last year when I was testing out the pencils and working on this drawing to meet their deadline, I hinted at the process in some blog posts. I'm so happy to finally be able to show you my work.

I saw Staedtler's advertising for the first time yesterday for the Tradition® pencil set (in Drawing magazine), which shows my work in the ads. I feel blessed and honored to have my art shown off by Staedtler. Soon there will also be a couple of other products with my work on the package. I'll let you know when those are out! 

12 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Be proud - this is a gorgeous and sensitively rendered piece.
Congratulations!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Julie!

pattrsnd said...

Congrats, Diana...very cool!!

hmuxo said...

Congratulations, Diana! SO well deserved!! This drawing is excellent.. I will be looking for your work on the package of their products!! SO exciting and Staedtler is such a good name!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, David and Hilda. I've used Mars Staedtler products for decades and am truly honored to be associated with their good name.

Jane Hunt said...

Wonderful drawing Diana - congratulations!!

suzanneberry said...

Congratulations!!! Stunning piece and a well deserved honor!

wanna think about starting the challenge again?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Jane and Suzanne, thank you so very much for your kind and encouraging remarks.

Suz -- let's email about the Challenge!

Connie Chadwell said...

Congratulations, Diana - richly
deserved!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Connie: thank you for stopping in to leave your kind words!

Carl: it's so nice to hear from you. I'm glad you dropped by. I sure am missing the OKC drawing groups!