Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Good Views in Tuscany

After our stay near San Gimagnano, we drove the little rental car to another fascinating walled city on a hill, Casole d'Elsa in the Sienna Province. We explored the town, and found a hotel nearby with good views, good beds and off-season rates with breakfast included.

"Evening Shine" Oil 4"x6" in Gold Frame
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD
 
Our balcony view gave me opportunity to do some studies of the Tuscan landscape. This is the first one I did after we settled in to our room.

6 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Lucky you! Spectacular view...! Great painting

hmuxo said...

A gorgeous, peaceful view, Diana.
and of course, painted beautifully!!

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful view and painting, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, All, for stopping by. It's so good to get the feedback.

mary maxam said...

Your ambitious painting during this trip is so great! it is a spectacular view and lovely painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You are very kind to say so, Mary. I think you are the champion of painting on trips!