Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Few Portrait Sketches



I am way behind on photographing and posting new work. Please bear with me, and I'll show you what I've been drawing and painting during my long road trip. Here's a start.

These young men are brothers: triplets, in fact. Their grandmother asked me to make these drawings during a family gathering when they were all together for a wedding.

We had little time to make this work after they all came to town and before they had to get ready for the ceremony, so I met them at their hotel with my sketching materials and drew away as each one sat for me.

10 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Diana, You are so talented to be able to sketch the three brothers and in a hotel room to boot. You did a great job. They are fabulous!

hmuxo said...

Three beautiful portrait sketches., Diana..The pose on each one of these boys are perfect..

suepics said...

Ah! Grandma power creates such nice things!
SuePics

mary maxam said...

Wow, you have been busy as always.Love the deep transparent red here, so lively! Have a wonderful Easter.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Friends. It's so nice to hear from you!

Susan said...

They are wonderful and obviously you have captured their likenesses and some of the personality of each brother. Interestingly, they look similar but yet they are all so different! Wonderful drawings, Diana. I think they and their grandmother must be greatly pleased.

Dean H. said...

Your skill shines in these portraits, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan and Dean: thanks so much for dropping by and leaving your encouragement. It means a lot to me.

suzanneberry said...

Amazing sketches my friend! beautiful! i miss you and our group! but that's a good thing!

and thank you so much for your kind comment on Tim. much appreciated!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm missing you and the challenges too, Suzanne! I'm so glad we did that.