Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Storm Lights" Landscape Sunset Daily Painting

Original unframed oil, 5"x7"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin



I've been working on some larger pieces, which always take longer than a day. Plus I've been varnishing and framing pieces for an art and music festival in north Idaho this weekend. I'll be one of 30 regional artists showing work at this fun venue.

I did manage to paint this small study today, though. I hope you like it. Those rosy storm clouds and glowing water tower just had to be painted!

4 comments:

Helen Read said...

Lovely!! Such a great sense of light in the clouds!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Helen. It's nice to hear from you!

mary maxam said...

This is a rosy gem! Hope the show was excellent for you all and a lot of fun

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I sold paintings and I also bought a couple! It was fun discovering what all the artists who were there have been painting, seeing friends, and meeting new ones.