Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 9, 2012

"Scarlet Sundown" Sunset Daily Painting

Original unframed oil, 5"x7"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


Those last fifteen minutes of glorious color at day's end never cease to amaze me, whether the sky is clear or stormy.

It is always an interesting challenge to try and save the impression in a painting.

4 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Very beautiful painting, Diana!! You do the best skies!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, David. As you can probably tell, skies are one of my favorite painting subjects.

mary maxam said...

Heavenly!I feel like this is the exact sunset we saw in Montana last week- love it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This is actually Oregon's Willamette Valley, but it could easily be Montana.