Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Comparison of Two Landscape Daily Paintings

"Afternoon View"
Original oil, 4"x6"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

This is a recent study I did from a photo which I had taken when I was painting at this location in Oregon last September.

I thought it was interesting to compare this little piece with what I had previously painted en plein air (shown below and at this post).

I like elements of each one, and although they are different, each captures the feel of that time and place. Do you have a favorite?

"Calapooia View"
Original oil, 4"x6"

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

2 comments:

Cyndy Carstens said...

These are lovely, Diana! I love the comparison between plein air and the work done from the photo. Congrats on both being sold! And thank you, too, for checking up on me a while back.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Cyndy! I should post more of these comparisons, as I have a few more I could share.