Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Purple and Gold" Headed to Museum of the Great Plains

I've been asked to send work to the museum for the 3rd Invitational Art Show, "Heart & Soul of the Great Plains" in Lawton, Oklahoma. They wanted one of my landscapes for the exhibit opening November 6.

The show will be at
three venues at once and each location will feature different aspects. Contemporary work at one spot, American Indian exhibits at another and naturalistic work like my landscape (at left) at the Museum.

"Purple and Gold'
Original oil, 8x10"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin


8 comments:

LensVerse said...

Congratulations, Diana! It's a great piece. Well-deserved.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's nice of you to drop by, Juan. Thank you for the congrats!

hmuxo said...

Congratulations, Diana. Your landscapes are wonderful. I especially like this one...beautiful colors.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. This painting is one of my personal favorites. You know how you struggle with some pieces and others almost seem to paint themselves? "Purple and Gold" was one that gently unfolded like a rose blooming on a warm day.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Diana!
Hey, I'm still not getting updates of your blog on my blog list. : (
It still says "Orange and Scarlet" landscape.
Wish Blogger would fix that glitch.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I've searched in my own settings to see if I can find any place that would affect that, Silvina. If all the other blogs you're following always update and mine doesn't, it certainly is curious.

Please do let me know if the problem continues. Maybe we can find someone who knows how to fix that.

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations! What a great opportunity. Have fun!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for dropping by. I wish I could be there for the Opening but it's a far commute from Idaho!