Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 11, 2010

"Luminous Lake Sunset" Daily Painting

Original oil painting, 5"x7"
in museum style decorative frame
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

NOW SOLD

After the Scotchman Peaks PaintOut reception at OutSkirts Gallery, most of the artists and collectors went home. I sat out in front of the gallery at the cafe with
my little paint box to study the glowing sky and lake until it got too dark to work.

End of the day sunset color is often a source of wonder and inspiration for me, but it is a challenge to work fast enough to paint it before it's gone. The study has to be either very small and loose, or I finish it up later in the studio with added touches. This one was a result of the latter.

Speaking of challenges: look for my Challenge Group's Paintings later this week. This particular test is something I need to do but oh am I nervous!

No comments: