Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Miniature Paintings, Framed or Unframed?

I took this photo for a buyer in Malaysia so she could see what the frames looked like on these two miniature oil paintings. The 25 cent piece and the house key in the picture are there for scale reference.

She decided she wanted to have these little jewels framed herself so I'm mailing them unframed. I'm glad to give her the choice; I want her to be pleased.

Framing is such an individual decision based on personal taste and often, decor. It's hard to guess what a future buyer might want. I'm a painter, not a framer.

So, sometimes a buyer wants the paintings ready to hang in the frames I've chosen and other times they prefer to have them framed themselves. Either way is fine with me.

2 comments:

LensVerse said...

These are great, Diana. I really like the miniature format. Decoration-wise, you can do very interesting things with small gems like these.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Indeed you can. An arrangement of little 'uns on the wall is a visual delight, I think, and gives a lot to look at. Plus, finding and collecting them is fun for buyers.

I've had collectors tell me how excited they were to find my small paintings to add to their already large art collection. Most everyone has room for something tiny.