Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Before the Wedding" Portrait Daily Painting

Original oil painting 9.5"x10"
Young woman in formal green dress with pink roses, highlighted by the glowing light of the nearby window.

Of course this took longer than a day to paint, but it is today's painting! I very much enjoyed the challenges of this portrait.

This beauty is the matron of honor. She waits on the stairs just ahead of her sister who is the beautiful bride, soon to walk down the aisle. The little white box holds the ring for the groom.

Please contact me if you'd like to commission a painting of someone special.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

8 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Wow. You really have an affinity for figures! Love that you even captured her 'look'. What is she thinking? I love it.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You've made me smile reading your comments, Kelly. Thanks for the kudos.

To me it looks like she's thinking, "I know what love is all about, Baby... once you're in you can't get out." (apologies to Tab Benoit)

Or maybe she's thinking, "Hurry up so we can get this show on the road."

Anonymous said...

I like that green dress a lot.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes, she wears it well!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

lovely.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Mary. I'm seeing a couple of little things I want to fix/change but it mostly feels finished.

suzanneberry said...

this is so lovely diana!! just beautiful! what a wonderful moment to capture on canvas!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Suzanne for the kudos. I love blogging!