Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Special on Christmas Art to celebrate Christmas

"In Humility" 
reproduced from the original pastel.
Nativity scene reproduction pkgd 20x24"
 
Acid-free paper, fade-resistant inks 
$50 plus SH.
©1992 Diana Moses Botkin

My teenager is counting down to Christmas. "Only 8 days left, Mom," he told me today. Indeed I know. I'm counting the days also, and what I have left to do. But I'm enjoying the season too.

So if you're like me and still need to do a little shopping, here's a special offer of my Christmas themed reproductions to celebrate the holidays. Buy 2, get shipping free. Contact me for an invoice or more details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, this is a beautiful nativity scene. Merry Christmas!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you Silvina. When I painted this a few years ago, I really enjoyed thinking about what the scene might have been like. So many artists through the centuries have tackled the subject with wonderful results.

I wanted to include the idea of the cross in my version, as the reason Jesus was born. If you look at the background of this piece, you can see the suggestion of this concept in the negative space with the subtle angels.