Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Clifty Christmas" Daily Painting on Christmas Ball

Oil on glass sphere, approx. 3".
Winter landscape of snowy trees, with Clifty Mountain.

This unusual painting is not my average piece. Every year our art group hand paints Christmas balls for a special gala auction that benefits our local hospital is in its 13th year.

Contact me if you want something similar. 

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

No ingenious suggestions about eliminating glare, but I've just spent a chunk of time on your website and watching your videos and I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. Beautiful work! I'm especially intrigued with the way you express people. Keep that good stuff coming!

Cyndy Carstens said...

What a beautiful scene! I painted on Christmas balls a few years ago as gifts. They were a big hit with my family. I wish you luck with the bidding!
And thank you for your kind comments on "The Wedding Gift" piece.
Take care, stay warm and happy painting,
Cyndy

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Dianne, thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement. They are especially meaningful coming from you!

People are probably my favorite subject but you just never know what might catch my eye. There is so much beauty everywhere in God's creation, I just have to try capturing some of the glowing sunsets, bright fruit or beautiful babies I see.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Cyndy. They would indeed be lovely gifts. Thanks for dropping by!