Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, March 21, 2008

"Til He Appeared" Christian Art Repros Available

"Til He Appeared" Figurative/Christian Art
©1993 Diana Moses Botkin
Oil on Linen 20x22"

SOLD


Today is Good Friday and I wanted to share this with you. It portrays the story in Luke 7 of the Lord's kindness to this woman who washed the Lord's feet with her tears and hair.

This painting is in a permanent collection. You can read more about this piece, or order a reproduction at my online giclee gallery, LifeImages. Or contact me if you'd like to commission something similar.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, this is painting is extraordinary. Very moving. I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, dear Silvina.

He is risen!

Sheila Vaughan said...

It's a lovely painting Diana, soft and subtle, it really works well.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This was one that took more than a little planning and effort, working with my models to get the poses down just right. The Lord was so kind to help me bring it all together.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

The intensity of the woman bathing Christ's feet uniquely captures her worship. SUPERB!!! Jeanne

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Jeanne, thank you for saying so. I'm glad to know the idea comes across!