Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, March 3, 2008

"Waiting for Daddy" Painting of Young Girl

"Waiting For Daddy" Portrait/Still Life
©1992 Diana Moses Botkin
Original oil painting

SOLD


The original is no longer available, but if you like this image, you may order a
giclée reproduction on canvas at my LifeImages Gallery.

Please contact me if you'd like details about commissioning your own special portrait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful child. As cute as she is, this picture wouldn't work as well without the bowl of fruit on the lower right. Really nice, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You're right, Silvina. Thank you for pointing that out. The oranges on the right visually balance the weight on the left side. And because they sit forward, it lends some depth. I personally like the contrast of the heavy oranges with the lacy curtains. Plus, the fruit echos the roundness of the child's cheeks.