Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Some of my Daily Paintings at Sandpoint Shows

Tomorrow is the Opening for Lilliput, A Miniature Show, at the POAC Gallery in Sandpoint at the Sandpoint Powerhouse. If you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by between 5:30 and 7 pm. I plan to be in attendance and hope to see you!

Some of my very detailed miniatures are in the show. Two of the three appear in this photo, which was reproduced with my permission for the Lilliput Show announcement postcard, recently mailed.

I also plan to get to the Holiday Show Opening
a few blocks away at Timber Stand Gallery. Timber Stand is across the street from the Pend d'Oreille Winery downtown on Cedar. Three of my small originals are in the show and there should be lots of other fun art there too!

Today someone asked me if I'm excited about the Openings tomorrow night. I've been quite distracted today with an article deadline for Art Calendar and other commitments, and didn't give him a very good answer. But now that I think about it, I am excited. I don't get out much, so it is always really good to attend art events, especially those where I see fellow artists and my loyal collectors. So yes, I am excited! And I should have that deadline out of the way by then, so I'll be in a celebratory mood.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

Sarah said...

These are lovely, where do you get your tiny frames?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Sarah. Frames I get at hobby stores like Michael's or order online.

If you're looking for small frames, it's best to paint in standard sizes and then hunt for ready-made frames. Custom framing is a possibility, of course, but can be expensive, especially when trying to keep costs down for buyers.