Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Rouge Pot" Still Life Daily Painting

Original miniature oil painting 2.25"x3.25"
Scarlet red rouge in a tiny pink and white vintage compact, set on a blue background, detailed Dutch style painting.

Gold Frame $55.
Contact to see frame pictures or buy this little jewel.

I discovered the vintage Charles of the Ritz rouge pot recently in my stage makeup case. Believe it or not, this little container of face paint is over 40 years old. The color and texture reminds me of cadmium scarlet oil paint; one of my favorite colours to use for rosy cheeks in portraits and for rosy clouds.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

No comments: