Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Special Pregnancy Portrait

"Shelter" Oil
©2005 Diana Moses Botkin

Today's painting is one of my favorites. Reproductions are available at my LifeImages online
giclée gallery here.

The models for this piece are friends who commissioned this intimate portrait. I felt privileged to be asked to paint this unique image of pregnanacy for them. It expresses the joy of family and the anticipation of the new life they were given to care for, as a gift from a loving Heavenly Father.

Please contact me if you'd like details about commissioning a painting.

4 comments:

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Such a great artist you are Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I think the same about you, Alex. I have esp. enjoyed your colorful paintings lately with the water reflections. They are very inviting nmages.

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Shelter is a wonderful painting. How appropriate. I know this is how my spouse and I felt about her carrying our child.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's so amazing to be blessed by God with children. I think our society has forgotten this sometimes, but individuals still do remember.

Thank you for the encouragement and affirmation of your words.