Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Charcoal Figure Studies

It was so good to be able to attend sessions with live models during my travels this winter. Those brave souls who pose for us to study are part of the process of learning and growing as an artist.

It's not an easy job, holding still long enough for a drawing to be made. And the models who return to the same pose after breaks I especially admire.

All I can say is, they are either able to rise above the pain of being in the same position for long periods of time, or they are especially blessed with super powers of rest.


Here are a few more charcoal and chalk drawings to share with you, from sessions at Geatches.




(above left) 
"Steady"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 17.75"x11"
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin


(second sketch at left) 
"At Ease"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper
17.75"x12"
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin

(third sketch at left) 
"Back Forms"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper
17.75"x12"
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin


(bottom sketch at left) 
"Form Lights"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 
12x17.75"
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin





5 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful figurative sketches - I am especially drawn to the last one. She is lovely!

suzanneberry said...

You are such a master of the human form! Beautifully done, all!

And thank you for you kind words, much appreciated.
Hope all is well!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Ladies, for your encouraging comments. You've made my day.

Jane Hunt said...

Diana, I absolutely love your figure studies!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Jane. Thanks for dropping by!