Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Scotchman Peaks Plein Air Event, and a First Place!

(left) "Morning Smoke" Oil, 9"x10"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD

The Lord gave us lovely painting weather for the weekend paint out: Indian summer conditions. It had been raining for the previous two weeks and had turned cold.
  
Mornings this past weekend for the plein air event were quite cold, and I was glad I had packed along a coat, hat, gloves, and my UGGs.

(left) "Evening at the Flats"
Oil, 6"x12"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD 

Not all the pieces I started were keepers, but I did bring these four  to a good conclusion without feeling like I'd overworked them.

(left) "Morning Chatter" Oil, 4"x8"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD

I enjoy the plein air events for the cameraderie with other artists, and for the unique painting challenges of capturing a scene on location.

It is always amazing and inspiring to see the work each of the artists do in such a short time for a plein air paint out. With all the wonderful paintings hung for the show yesterday, I was especially pleased that one of my pieces was awarded the top prize (the first painting shown in this post, at the top).

And three of these four sold right away at the Opening at Out Skirts Gallery. Yay for good homes for these paintings!

(last image) "Evening Tracks" Oil, 6"x6" ©2013 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD 

6 comments:

suzanneberry said...

your work is amazing. your plein air work is as stunning as your figure drawings and paintings. just wonderful!

Shirley Fachilla said...

Congratulations! All four are lovely, and I so understand what you mean about painting plein air (or open studio) with a group. It creates a wonderful sense of community and fellowship.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne: thank you for your kind praise. I appreciate those words, especially coming from you.

Shirley: thanks so much. I always enjoy the plein air events. The challenges and the cameraderie all make the time really fun and memorable.

mary maxam said...

These are all lovely and you have a great way of creating the planes of light just perfectly.Congratulations!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, Diana - for your well deserved recognition. They all look great to me... wonderful paintings. You probably inspired your fellow plein air artists. I know I get on a high when there is a really good artists in the group.

hmuxo said...

I love all of these paintings, Diana...wonderful work!!