Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Testing and Practice, Too

(left) "Sway" 8.5"x11"
Pastel on Canson paper
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

Here is another little sketch using the few sticks of colour that I'm evaluating for the art materials manufacturer. This was drawn with white, black, grey, brown, and earth red (like that last drawing I posted).

Since these are student grade pastels, they work a little differently than what I'm used to with my professional brands. However, they do work, and it's fun and interesting to try to get some practice drawings done while testing the sticks.

2 comments:

Gloria E. Moses said...

Still a beauty!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Gloria. It's really nice to hear from you!